Sunday 19 August 2018

I've never been to Carolina

                     

                              Another day to live through a day for me to waste,
                              time for me to dream and think of a better place.
                              I'll go to were I'm wanted, drift back to were I can,
                              to live a life to die for and be a better man.

                              In my mind I go to Week St Mary just to feel the sunshine
                              and to watch the moonrise to see the stars like diamonds
                              scattered in the sky, I go to Week St Mary in my mind.

                              I walk along the beach again with a lover by my side,
                              lie down among the sand dunes to watch a mackerel sky.
                              And leaving trails of foot prints along the waters edge,
                              like dreams they're quietly washed away with the wreckage
                              of the day.

                              From where I am now standing I can see the distanced past,
                              family, friends, and loved ones are fewer now alas,
                              and now I know my best times have all but been and gone,
                              but still I have a memory of their love that lingers on.

                              So in my mind I go to Week St Mary, just to feel the sunshine
                              and to watch the moonrise and see the stars like diamonds
                              scattered thought out the sky, I go to Week St Mary in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.