Friday 12 July 2024

Dark Water

 

Out of my dream from dark water she comes bringing her light to lighten the day.

Morning light slowly brightens the room lazy thoughts lead my mind astray

from a half forgotten tune.


I think of you in your school girl garb with a satchel upon your back.

Riding the bus a tuppenny fare off to school without a care.

In my mind I see you there tall and thin with plaited hair.


Where was I, in life's morning march when mornings

were pearly pink.

Off to school to learn of things and write with pen and ink.

Vasco da Gama, the Cape of Good Hope, the history of Kings of old.

Assembly's held in the school hall with bible stories told.


In the darkest hour just before the dawn from dark waters 

comes the light, and my small world is reborn.

Where every day's always the same................but I am always different............ 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.