Thursday 4 April 2024

The Big Lebowski

 Machine were mice and men were lion's once upon a time.

But now that it's the opposite It's twice upon a time.

I have trouble with my short term memory I may have said before.

My problem is my short term memory I forget things more and more.

I go into a room and wonder what I've come here for.

I have no short term memory I may have said before.


My memory is more long term now, where did those days  go?

Marleys on the way to school and football in the snow.

Street games. Camel-Fight, Kick-the-Can, Hot-rice.

And  nitty Nora the school nit nurse looking for head lice.


Bonfire night was just one night, one night in all the year.

Bangers and jumping Jacks and fires everywhere.

A smoke filled night, the sky orange bright, with laughter and joy.

November the fifth. Bonfire night was loved by every boy.


Sometimes when you're old you remember, and sometimes you forget.

The scent of something can haunt you, something to regret.

Somewhere over the next hill, the memory might come back.

A long life isn't always fair, but it's a lot fairer than death. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.