Friday 6 July 2018

Just people I Knew





















A true friend is hard to find. And with eyes wide open you are still as blind.And you need a friend when your down and low.
And I,
I have no friends, just people I know.

Summer days on the river Cole, riding the rapids on a raft of wood, with friends I laughed at the world so new.
But now,
now I see they were just people I knew.

In the clubs on a Friday night, and at the football avoiding fights. Girls in short skirts the  Mary  'Q' look.  Friends were many,  or perhaps just a few? Eileen, Jenny, Cleo and Sue.
But now,
now I see they were just people I knew.

Then marriage and party's and time on the beach, you think he's a friend but he comes with deceit. Was he a lover as well as a friend? Then the suspicion and distrust grew.
But he,
he was no friend, just someone you knew.

No worries, no money, retirement is great!  Call in the old place to see your old mates!
Dinner times over they're ready to go.
And I'm,
I'm some old geezer they all use to know.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.