Saturday 7 January 2023

Tick Tock


 Time runs away from me I never do catch up,   Eric said; God made time, there's plenty of the stuff, It runs through my fingers and there's plenty in my past,  and now it never lingers the future coming fast.

In 1947 time was all ahead of me, it passed slow on summer days when life was still care-free, there was time to waste and time to kill, time for everything, now I see it running out all against my will.

I thought time was on my side but that was not the case, I hear the sound of the march of time and wear it on my face, and feel the time within my bones and see times shadows cast, there's little in my future now and life's just flying past.

Time is precious when you're old and slow in childhood, time is long for those who grieve and swift when times are good, time will tell me when to leave, I'd stop it if I could,  traces of lost lives remain my own misunderstood.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.