Monday 11 January 2021

I'll aways have Paris

 

From Chateau de Vincennes on the metro I tour and I'm off to see the Sacre Coeur. Then down I go to Au Lapin Agile and ask them to serve me a cafe' noir.

I walk cobbled Rue to find tranquil corners, to look at emporia with objet d'art. Then I stroll down to La Maison Rose and ask them to serve me a cafe' noir.

Avant-Garde Paris was a Mecca for artists, Picasso, Degas, and Henri Matisse. For musicians and poets it was shangri-La, and they all drank Absinthe or a cafe' noir.

Place des Abbesses a tourist attraction with wrought iron arches and an Art Nouveau station. It's a five minute walk to Mamie Colette Bar I sit myself down for a cafe' noir.


In Saint - Germain there's an Art Deco bar with plush pile carpets it's the Cafe' de Flore. I sit on a banquette and light my cigar and then I'm ready for a cafe' noir.

The waiter pristine in his black bow tie, looked my way with a glint in his eye.

 I order my coffee to be served without cream, this did trouble him so it would seem.

The waiter perplexed with his head at a tilt smoothed  down his waistcoat made of fine silk

 There is no creaming the bar, so he said, so he served me my coffee without milk instead.                                                                                                                                                



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.