I tried to use the T.V. remote to make a call to you.
There's somethings I did for the last time way, way back when,
like sitting on my mothers lap I can't do that again.
I remember sitting on my fathers' knee for the first and last time,
age five or six in a rowing boat his hands over mine.
On the lake in Ward End Park one sunny afternoon,
the memory now faded like the waning of the moon.
The first time I kissed a girl and my first sip of beer.
The first shooting star I saw in the night so clear.
The first time I loved someone, my first broken heart,
walking straying streets as my world fell apart.
I probably won't see the sea again, I can't be bothered to go.
I don't think I'll go to the theatre again I'll not see another show.
I've an old friend in a care home he's among strangers, alone.
For one last time I should see him but,
I'll probably stay here at home.
Into this world we come with the first breath of life.
And exit with our last as death squeezes out the light.
And in between there's first and lasts in everything we do.
We've done the firsts but all the lasts are really up to you.............
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.